Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Re: Mountain Lions




Here is an old comment I found,,,I used to work in Muir Woods, and I got really tired of all the city folk from around the world freaking out when they heard that Mt. Lions had been sighted in the area, so I did a bit of research. I looked up the list of all the reported mountain lion attacks in the state of California back to the turn of the last century, and compared it to a list of homicides and violent crimes in the state for the same period. Guess what? We should have posted a sign as they left the park: "Warning: You are now leaving Mountain Lion Habitat (You are about 27 thousand times more likely to be killed by a human than a Mountain Lion, and about 400 thousand times more likely to be violently attacked by a human)"....This posting courtesy of Jeff...

No comments:

Post a Comment