Saturday, March 13, 2010

Black Chasm Caverns National Landmark


 


The Black Chasm Caverns of California are  completely awesome ! ...The cave tour entrance is located at the bottom of a set of stairs that lead down from the back deck of the visitors center /gift shop ...To look at the opening of this cavern you would never imagine the worlds that were in there... For instance you would never suspect that this ,,,
Would be hidden right underneath of this  ...
  It was completely amazing to me what was inside of this mountain ...
I have never seen sights like this before in my life...
The Black Chasm Caverns National Landmark area is obviously also a geologists wonderland being rich in many different precious rocks and gemstones alike...There is an old sluice mining water  ladder that is still working out in front of the ranger station  gift shop so while we were there my son and I enjoyed a bit of sluice mining..
. Looking for the various kinds of rocks and gemstones that are  still rich on this mountainside...
.
These shots from inside the caverns of the guides rafting on the water  inside of this mountain are like no pictures I have ever taken before...
I stumbled across this hidden California treasure by accident this afternoon on my way to the historic old town of Volcano ...This place truly is a national landmark ... We definitely had a great time at this one of a kind strange underground mountain wonderland...

No comments:

Post a Comment