Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sluice Mining @ Black Chasm National Landmark


I have been off on another California adventure this weekend in a different part of the Eastern Sierra than most are familiar with ... I am talking about Hiway 88 up through Jackson and on into Pine Grove where the Indian Grinding Rock Historical State Park is located ... Just a bit down the road from that is the Black Chasm National Landmark which is  a  fascinating place to see...From there we went on to the old historic town of Volcano where basically the entire town is a museum ... I have many pictures and stories of this weekends different California adventures and I will be posting them for you  soon...Till then here is a video of my family using an old  Mining Sluice to find gem stones in the sand  @ Black Chasm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment