Friday, May 21, 2010

On The Trail in Pacifica Ca.

  Yesterday while working in Pacifica I finished my work early so I was able to do some hiking out on some trails that I usually dont get to explore ...
The San Mateo County Park is a beautiful old park ... There  used to be an old trout farm there ... There are still big metal tanks buried in the ground along the trail at the site where they were used  as holding tanks many years ago ... Steel Head still use the creek to come up from the ocean and spawn .... This picture below shows the sign alerting you to their presence here...

There are many animals living in this park ... This young deer wandered into my picnic while I was relaxing and didn't seem to mind me being there at all...
  ... As you know , where there are deer there are predators that eat deer as well ...
San Mateo County Park is also home to many Mountain Lions ...For years I have called this tree pictured below here the scratching post because it is used often by the local Cougars for a good scratch...
Mountain Lions are seen often here and have even been seen walking in the street in the middle of the day ...  The lush green foliage that envelopes the small stream beside the trail is very beautiful... Reminds me of  a rainforest ...
 

Perfect terrain for Cougars ... Later that day on my way home I went up the cliffs and got a few shots of the Pacifica coast ...

Pedro Point pictured above here is a famous landmark for surfers ... As a matter of fact the Nor-Cal surf shop uses its image on their logo ...
Above here is a short video clip of the Pacifica Coast shot from above the cove at Pedro Point  from the cliffs above it ... What a great day I had   at work yesterday ... It is not everyday that I get to earn a living while enjoying famous coastal places like this ...One of the things I have always loved about living near Mt. Diablo is that this beautiful mountain shown below here;
Is only an hour and a half's ride away from a  completely different world like the cliffs of the Pacifica shoreline...Not to mention the legendary bridges and world famous big cities that connect it all in between ...Say what you will about this states politicians  and I will probably agree with you , but this land we call the California Bay Area truly  is some of the most beautiful countryside in the world ...

No comments:

Post a Comment