Monday, July 5, 2010

A Gator In The Reservoir ?

Does anyone else remember the big Gator scare of  75' ?  As I remember it there were numerous sightings of a big  eight foot Alligator sunning himself  on the docks of the  Lafayette Reservoir ... This story always fascinated me because to my knowledge they never found this huge carnivore and just reopened the park after looking for a while ... I was one of those kids they refer to in the Lodi newspaper article who frequented the lake back then... We used to fish there every Saturday as kids and
even after all these years I still cant go to that lake and sit out on a dock with out wondering ... For those of you who think this is just an old fish tale here are a couple of links for you ...  Gator Story #1        Gator Story # 2

No comments:

Post a Comment